Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oh, Aviyah...


I'm worn out from attempting to baby-proof my house and trying to teach the rest of the family to do it. If it's on the floor, she'll eat it. If it's less than one foot off the floor, she'll pull it down and eat it. I've cleared all the bottom shelves, and she's not happy about that. She's currently sitting at the base of the biggest bookshelf and whining a little, pausing every few seconds to gaze with wonder at the higher shelves that she wishes she could reach. It won't be long, little girl.

I am thankful for the short time in between infancy and toddlerhood! She still snuggles with me more than she tries to crawl away from me. She still smiles and giggles at me much more than she whines and cries. She hasn't reached the age where she blatantly disobeys and therefore needs discipline. And, for that, I am extremely grateful. I'm enjoying these few months where she understands me, but doesn't disobey me, and still loves my kisses and snuggles. It's a good time. I know it won't be long until all these things change, so I'm pausing as often as I think of it to enjoy them. Thank you, God, for my happy, sweet, loving little girl!

3 comments:

Lavakels said...

I love this and totally agree!

tiffany said...

She is so so beautiful! Wow, amazing eyes!

Lee said...

I love your posts. I love seeing how much you've changed since you were on my team, to see how in love with our savior you are and how you are teaching your kids to do the same. This post, especially, to see how amazing of a mom you must be, I am blessed to call you and Jake my friends and siblings in Christ.

Post a Comment