Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving+Slideshow

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the Downers in Palmdale this year. They tried to accomodate my admittedly ridiculous dietary restrictions (no wheat or dairy), but some things just can't be made without them. For example, mashed potatoes. They NEED dairy to be delicious. But who has Thanksgiving without mashed potatoes??? Not me... so I went in search of a suitable substitute. I found a recipe where I always find the best ones, at Elana's Pantry. She always cooks gluten free, and usually dairy free, as well. Hurrah! In lieu of mashed potatoes, I tried this recipe.

You're probably thinking what I was thinking... eww! That could never taste like mashed potatoes! But I was pleasantly surprised. It was actually really, really delicious! I'm pretty sure I can trick Jude into eating vegetables with that... mwahahaha!

I also tried her cranberry apple stuffing recipe. I used Rudi's gluten free bread and it turned out great- for those of you who eat gluten, it tasted like "normal" food :-)

I took a few pictures of the occasion, of course...




It really is astounding how many things we all have to be thankful for. I am continually overwhelmed by how gracious God has been and continues to be to me. Look around~ and I think you'll also be amazed at what He has given you! :-)

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change."

0 comments:

Post a Comment