"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it."
Jude was asking me about the parable of the soils AND perseverance of the saints. Talk about a deep conversation! And it was with a four year old! Anyways, back to the story. He was asking me why some of the seeds didn't grow. I told him that it was because it never took root in their heart, and that sometimes it can be very hard to follow Jesus. My sweet little boy, who Is clearly not yet aware of his depraved nature, said sweetly, "but, mommy, it's not TOO hard to follow Jesus!" I told him that sometimes, as we get older, it gets more challenging. This did not shake him a bit. He responded, "well, it's not hard for me right now. And when I get older I will follow Jesus faster and faster!" As he said this, he vigorously ran in place to show me how he was going to follow Jesus. Oh, Lord, I pray that he would soon understand this and that his words would be true. Little gives me more joy than discussing these things with my sweet little boy and watching him grow in the knowledge of God! :-)
Remember what He has done for you today! Every single one of us has an abundance of things to be thankful for! Think about these things!


1 comments:
i LOVE this! that's awesome!
Post a Comment