Pages

Thursday, February 03, 2011

The first thing Jude said this morning...

So, we've been potty training Jude lately, which has been pretty terrible (he's not that into it). However, he does occasionally respond to my bribes (or remind me about them even when he accidentally obeys). Last night, right before bed, he told me that he had to go potty, and he did! It was great--we were both happy. I was happy because Jude actually took some initiative and didn't wait for me to tell him to go to the bathroom. He was happy because, as I had promised, he got some candy for going potty by himself. But there was a little problem- he'd already brushed his teeth. So I set the jellybean (yes, he's happy with just getting one little jellybean, don't tell him it's weird to only eat one) on the kitchen table and told him he could have it in the morning when he woke up. A nice little surprise to wake up to, right?

I usually let him sleep, but had to wake him up this morning to go to Biblestudy. I walked into his room, said, "Good morning, Jude!" and here comes the funny part. He opened his eyes, leapt out of his bed and yelled, "THERE'S A JELLYBEAN ON THE TABLE!!!" He seriously sprinted to the table as fast as he could to get that jellybean. One track mind? Yes. It goes to sleep and wakes up on the same track, apparently!

2 comments:

amy + ryan said...

haha! That's hilarious. He must have been DREAMING of that jellybean. :) Paisley gets one Tootsie Roll for going potty. I guess that's a little less weird - I feel like the wrapper helps make it un-weird. ha

Chloe said...

CUTE :)

Post a Comment