Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

I really should have gone to sleep hours ago.

I'm really tired, but not tired enough to sleep by myself. Jake is out with James, who leaves for Iraq tomorrow. I thought that was a pretty good reason for stealing my husband.

My brain was sort of half working today, until I popped one of the two ibuprofen I will take this year. That stuff is magic, I tell ya. I feel like I need to write something in here, seeing as my brain has been slightly revived. Why is it so much easier to think deep thoughts at night? Is is because you know you'll be able to rest your brain right after you think them, so it's okay to wear it out?

I read a lot of blogs of people who have adopted or are adopting. The more I read, the more my heart yearns to be a part of it. Adoption IS the gospel! I had a wise friend say to me about a year ago that if we are trying to get women to stop killing their children, we had darn well be ready to adopt them! That hit me really hard. I've always had a heart for adoption, I think, but the more children that are killed every day (thanks, current administration, for your hypocritical views
on the sanctity of life, btw) the more I feel called to adopt. I absolutely LOVE being a mother, I cannot put into words what a great joy it has been and the love I have for my beautiful son. I know that adoption is a lot different from birthing a child in many ways, but I don't value one more than the other. Are we all not children of God? Does a different genetic code make a child any less mine, if I have adopted him? (Many members of my family think that this is true.) I just want to raise up Godly children who will serve the Lord in Grace & Truth!

The only hope innocent lives have is God working in us, as a body of believers, to bring about a culture of adoption. If you are not considering adoption, I pray that you will reconsider. Remember, we are all adopted into the family of God. (It's certainly not in our bloodline... we are such wicked creatures!)

Well, that's all... I was just thinking and praying about that this evening. Protect Life. Support women and men who choose life. DO SOMETHING!

"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world."
(James 1:22-25, 27)

Yay for
fighter verses!!!

Goodnight.

2 comments:

Amanda McAlpine said...

Thank you for your thoughts Marie. There is such a confirmation in our minds that we are doing the will of the Lord in our process of adoption. Our excitement builds daily. And we are now passionate advocates (as you are) in seeing the orphaned children find forever families! We will be praying for you and Jake; that the Lord will give you wisdom and direction as you pursue Him. By the way, we know of a woman, in the Metro area, who was talked out of abortion, who is looking for a forever family for her twins who are due in June. Be praying for her. - Amanda p.s.- thank you for your wonderful comments on my blog...it's nice to know at least someone reads our posts! ;)

aimee said...

THank you so much for your post! I love the quote about being ready to adopt the children we are trying to get women to stop aborting. I think so often as Christians we don't look at the whole picture, we try to stop the immediate "danger" but don't really strive to help find long term resolutions for these women.

I hope you will continue to consider and perhaps pursue adoption yourself. God has obviously placed that tug in your heart - it will be exciting to see where He takes you!
Blessings!

Post a Comment